Deadline: Second Tuesdays in January, March, May, July, September, November. Applications received after 11:59 p.m. on the deadline date will be considered at the next deadline.
This program provides support for travel to foreign destinations to participate in conferences. Travel to Hawaii, Alaska and U.S. territories outside the contiguous 48 states will be considered for graduate students, postdocs, research professionals and senior research associates. Participation includes activities such as keynote or plenary speeches, organizing committee membership, session facilitator or poster or paper presentations. The support is in the form of funds for round-trip airfare. Currently, the program has a funding rate of approximately 30% due to the funds available for this program and the number of applications received. Applications are reviewed by University of Georgia faculty. Please see the Application Procedures and Documentation section for instructions on applying and submitting to the Foreign Travel Assistance Program.
• Faculty members, research professionals, senior research associates, postdoctoral associates, and graduate students in good standing with their degree program are eligible. All Adjunct professors and Non-UGA paid employees are not eligible.
• Only one individual per group/lab may apply for any given conference.
• Additionally, individual applicants are limited to a total of two application submissions per fiscal year and one award per fiscal year (July 1 through June 30).
• The amount of the award will be based on round-trip air fare at the lowest available price between Atlanta and the major international airport nearest the meeting site. If the itinerary is such that a different departure is appropriate, this amount will be allowed to go toward such a situation.
• Currently, the program is only able to support approximately 30% of the applicants due to the funds available for this program and the number of applications received.
Download the full application instructions here.