Newly Admitted International Students
- Student Visa Types
- Information about SEVIS and the SEVIS Fee
- How Do I Apply for the Student Visa?
- Entering the United States
- Change of Status within the U.S.
- Verification of Lawful Presence (VLP flag)
- Orientation and Check - in at UGA
- Transferring Students from a U.S. School
- F-2 Dependent Information
- ISL Fall 2012 Orientation Letter
- Social Security Number Information
- Applying for a Driver's License
Welcome to the University of Georgia!
Please be sure to read the new student information sheet that was included in your admissions packet. This will be a great help as you prepare to come to UGA.
All new international students at UGA are required to check in with our office, the Office of International Education. F-1 and J-1 students in particular must be careful to check in with us in a timely fashion. We cannot register your student record with the government until you have completed the immigration check in process. In addition, you will not be able to register for classes until you check in with our office.
All new full or part-time students holding any other U.S. visa type are encouraged to check in with our officeas well, and upload their required document copies online. If you have arrived at UGA and are a new student, please click here to complete this check in process.
Regardless of visa type, new international students at UGA are strongly encouraged to participate in International Student Orientation. Be sure to check your acceptance package for information regarding orientation or please check the International Student Life (ISL) website frequently for updated dates and times.