Hiring an H-1B Researcher, Faculty or Staff member

The ISSIS Office is able to assist with visa sponsorship processing for international researchers, faculty and staff members coming to UGA for academic employment purposes.  In general, we use the H-1B temporary worker visa category for these teaching and staff positions.  The duration of employment can be between one year and six years, and we can also initiate a U.S. permanent residency sponsorship if the position is full-time and permanent. 


For more information regarding the H-1B visa category - click on the link to the left.


To begin an H-1B visa sponsorship, click on the link to the secure online form, below:

H-1B Department Sponsorship Request Form