International Education Week
International Photo&Video Contest
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 4 @ 11:30 PM
Click here for guidelines and entry form.
Schedule of Events - IEW 2013
Get to know the international activities happening around campus during November 11th - November 15th
Click here to view the PDF version of IEW calendar 2013
Monday, Nov. 11
- Honoring Veterans - International Poetry Readings. 2 p.m. - 3 p.m. North Quad of the Main Library (in front of Peabody Hall)
- International Scholars and Faculty Wine and Cheese Reception. click for more information.
- Annual Thanksgiving Dinner with REACH International. 6:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m. Hosted by Athens First United Methodist Church Free and open to all international students and their families. Contact email@example.com Sponsored by International Student Life
Tuesday, Nov. 12
- Guest Lecture: Mikko Saikku, University of Helsinki. 5:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. Room 285, Special Collections Libraries Saikku, an environmental historian and UGA Press author, will give a talk sponsored by UGA's Environmental Ethics Certificate Pr.
- Taste of Africa: African Cuisine. Time: 6:00 p.m. - Memorial Hall Ballroom Sharing and sampling of African cuisine Contact: Akinloye Ojo Director, African Studies Institute 706-542-5314. Hosted by African Student Union.
- Global Leadership Institute: Seminar #4 - Hunger Banquet. Time: 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. Location: Adinkra Hall (4th Floor Memorial Hall) Registration required. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Provided by ISL and CLS
- Stories from Abroad. Time: 6:15 p.m. - 7:15 p.m. Location: Miller Learning Center Room 214. Still on the fence about going abroad? Join us as returned UGA study abroad students share their international experiences.
Wednesday, Nov. 13
- Tea&Talk - UGA/Brazil Partnership. Join us in this informal talk and get to know what UGA Faculty and students are doing in Brazil! Click for more information.
- 2nd Annual International Conference on Africa and Its Diaspora "Africans and Globalization: Contents and Discontents." Click for more information.
- Faculty Fulbright Talk. Dr. Mushtaq A. Memon. Click for more information.
- Nutrition Kitchen. 5:30 p.m. - 6:45 p.m. Hosted by University Health Center. Menu: Moroccan Chicken and Veggie Couscous. To sign up: 706-542-8690. Cost: $5.00 student/$10.00 faculty and staff.
- International Dessert Reception. 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. Adinkra Hall, 4th Floor Memorial Hall. ry free desserts from around the world while mingling with international students and ISL staff. Sponsored by ISL.
Thursday, Nov. 14
- Flag Parade & World Fest. Time: 11:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. (Parade starts at 11:00 a.m. from the Arch) Location: Tate Plaza Come enjoy many different cultural displays, performances, and arts and crafts from around the world! Sponsored by ISL.
- Portuguese Linguistics in the United States (PLUS) 2013 Conference. Nov. 14-16, 2013 Start time: 1:00 p.m. Georgia Hotel and Conference Center. Click for more information.
- Tour at Two: "Exuberance of Meaning: The Art Patronage of Catherine the Great (1762-1796)". 2:00 p.m. Georgia Museum of Art. Click for more information.
- Karima Bennoune - "Your Fatwa Does Not Apply Here: Untold Stories from the Fight Against Muslim Fundamentalism." Start time: 4:00 p.m. Location: UGA Chapel - Herty Drive. Click for more information.
- Lecture: French vs. Kanak in New Caledonia's Linguistic Landscape: Flora, Fauna, and Topography as a Visual Frame. Presented by Dr. Robert Blackwood, University of Liverpool. 4:45pm, 115 Gilbert Hall. Click for more information.
- Second Thursday Scholarship Series: UGA Opera Theatre presents Carmen. 8:00 p.m. Hugh Hodgson Concert Hall - UGA Performing Arts Center $18/$5 with UGA Student ID.
Friday, Nov. 15
- Student Photo/Video Contest and International Coffee Hour. 11:30 a.m - 1:30 p.m. Memorial Hall Ballroom. Click for more information.
- CAES Study Abroad Fair. 11:00 a.m - 2:30 p.m. - Poultry Science building Students will have free food and will learn about the study abroad programs the college has to offer. Hosted by College of Agricultural & Env. Sciences. Contact (706)542-5276
- Tour at Two: "Cercle et CarrÃ© and the International Spirit of Abstract Art." 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. Georgia Museum of Art. Click for more information.