OPT Q&A Workshop
- Date:Tuesday, March 19th, 2013
- Time:4:00 PM to 5:00pm
- Contact Information:706-542-2900 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to Calendar
International students holding an F-1 visa status may be eligible for a work benefit in the U.S. called “Optional Practical Training”, or “OPT”. This Q&A Session will focus on application review and is limited to students who have already completed the online workshop about OPT. See details below:
The process for applying for OPT is as follows:
1. Online workshop attendance: Students MUST complete the online workshop available at, http://international.uga.edu/issis/opt_workshop
2. OPT application completion: Students must also complete the OPT application which can be found at: https://fs21.formsite.com/issisuga/F1OPTRequest/secure_index.html
3. In-person Question and Answer session: Students may then sign up to attend this Q&A session held at OIE. This Q&A session will be geared toward application review only. Students must bring the completed OPT application to the Q and A session.
The session will be held in the Office of International Education, Main Conference room.