COME TO THE STUDY ABROAD FAIR!
Monday, Oct. 7th and Tuesday, Oct. 8th 10AM - 3PM
Tate Student Center, Grand Hall, 5th Floor
45 Baxter St., Athens, GA 30602
In 2012, we had over 90 program exhibitors and nearly 2,000 students attend our 2 day fair in the Grand Hall of the Tate Student Center. In 2013, we are hoping for more!
Interested in studying abroad, but don't know where to begin? Come to the Fair! You can find information about UGA faculty-led programs, UGA exchange programs as well as external programs. For definitions of study abroad program types read more. You can meet former study abroad students and speak with them about their experiences while also meeting with faculty directors and external program representatives. It does not matter what year you are at UGA; study abroad is open to all!
UGA offers students Maymester, Summer, Semester, and Academic Year study abroad opportunities. You can go abroad and receive credit for your major, minor, elective, or core classes. Don't waste time - begin preparing today!
- Investigate your program options before the fair - Attend an Options Abroad Session, meet with an Education Abroad Advisor, or come take a look at our Resource Library to learn about program options prior to the fair. You can also find a list of UGA programs, affiliates, and external programs on our website.
- Attend a Things to Know Before the Fair workshop - Thurs. October 3rd MLC #214 6:15 - 7:15pm Get the 411 on the Fair before it takes place.
- See who is coming to the 2013 fair - Check out the 2013 fair exhibitors here. If you see a program that interests you on the fair exhibitor list, try researching that program before you come.
- Scout out program locations at the fair - When you arrive at the fair, you will see large laminated signs with exhibitor names and table #'s. Find the table #'s of the program(s) you are interested in and head that way. If you need assistance, Peer Advisors and Fair Volunteers will be in Fair T-shirts to assist you.
- Interested in exchange programs - Go to the UGA Exchange table. There will be returned UGA exchange students on hand to speak with you about their experience abroad. Please stop by and learn about UGA exchange programs!
- Questions about financial aid or scholarships - A representative from the Financial Aid Office will be at the fair. The Financial Aid table will be at the front of the Tate Grant Hall near the entrance. Please stop by and ask questions about financial aid. The Education Abroad Staff will also be on hand to answer questions about scholarships. Remember to pick up a neon green sheet from the Education Abroad Staff tables; this sheet has all the scholarships listed!
- Speak to an Education Abroad Advisor - All Education Abroad staff will be at the tables located near the entrance of the study abroad fair. If you have questions, please stop by and ask us.
- Still overwhelmed? Come find an Education Abroad Advisor, Peer Advisor, or Fair Volunteer!