Welcome to Athens!!
The University of Georgia, the state’s public research university, is located in Athens (formally known as Athens-Clarke County). The University of Georgia campus spans both the centuries and much of Athens-Clarke County's geography, from historic North Campus now in its third century to state-of-the art research, cultural, and sports facilities to the south and east.
In 2014 Athens was elected one of the coolest small cities in U.S. and one of the best towns for college graduates. Besides a variety of educational opportunities, Athens is famous for its sports, music, intellectual, and cultural scene. You can find a review of the Athens here and you can also download a guide to Athens here.
Why choosing UGA: quick facts
- UGA offers more than 170 fields of study and majors distributed in 17 colleges and schools, which means UGA students have a world of options for their academic plans;
- UGA is one of the top public universities in US;
- The University of Georgia is classified as a 'Research University/Very High Activity', according to the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching;
- UGA now ranks among the top five American universities for the number of students studying abroad, with more than 100 programs in over 50 countries;
- In 2013, UGA was recognized by the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll by the Corporation for National and Community Service. The honor is the highest federal recognition a college or university can receive for its commitment to volunteering, service-learning and civic engagement;
Experiencing UGAAlexandre Totti, BSMP student from Brazil
"The University of Georgia has a large number of internationals students and I could meet people from many countries. I made friends from very different cultures and it was a mind-opening process. Besides personal growth, the exchange program has been the most important experience in terms of academic and professional development. I am also part of the UGA Men’s Volleyball Club Team and we all play with our heart, the heart of a Dawg. UGA and Athens are a solid part of my history and they will be forever a part of me."
Alexandre is the first from left to right.